More News

LAGOS HEALTH SCHEME: MEDICAL DIRECTOR CHARGES STAFF TO ENROL

The Medical Director of Alimosho General Hospital, Igando, Dr. Madewa Adebajo has charged all health workers to actively participate in the Lagos State Health Scheme initiative.

Speaking at the monthly medical educational forum organised by the hospital, Madewa enjoined staffers to enrol in the scheme created for all civil servants so that they can be beneficiaries of the various laudable health programmes of the State government. 

He said, “Government of Lagos State has made it possible for all staff to be able to access healthcare delivery with only 25% cost deduction from salary, while it foots the remaining 75% incurred cost. Upon sectionalised variance, the cost of the deduction is not up to a thousand naira per month, hence, the financial concession towards incurred medical bills of staff is minute”.  

Also speaking at the forum was Miss Kemi Mohammed, Prohealth Coordinator of one of the participating Health Management Organisations, who informed the gathering that in a family of six members, the monthly deduction is N833 (Eight Hundred and Thirty-Three Naira) and for the single enrollee, it is N103 (One Hundred and Three Naira) monthly deductions.

She encouraged the participants at the event to subscribe to the health scheme, saying the benefits that will accrue from registration far outweigh the minimal deductions for enrolment.

Show More
Back to top button
Close