BOS ADMINISTRATION ACHIEVEMENTS (2019-DATE)
ENTERTAINMENT AND TOURISM
• Completed and commissioned the new Glover Memorial Hall
• Began the disbursement of N1billion Covid-19 stimulant package for operatives of the tourism sector
• Began community tourism initiative
• Established Free Academy for Youths in the creative industry.
• Completed the four Lagos Theatres
• Held 1st Lagos Virtual Party on Friday July 24th, 2020.
• Held a hybrid version of the annual World Tourism Day Celebration
• Received the Reviewed Version of Lagos Tourism Master Plan 2020-2030
• Developed Eligibility List for practitioners to access the N1billion seed capital for investment in tourism, arts and culture
• Held a virtual entertainment evening on the 31st of September to commemorate Nigeria @ 60.
• Put Nigeria on Guinness book of world record by celebrating the 60th Independence anniversary with 60,000 cupcakes
• Engaged Independent Managers for the Management of the Lagos Theatres.
• Held 2020 edition of the annual creative industry skills acquisition workshop organised by the Lagos State Council for Arts and Culture.
• Participated in the 2020 edition of the National Festival of Arts Culture (NAFEST)
• Partnered two private firms to commence training for 1,480 creative practitioners.
• Over 350,000 Lagosians participated in the 2019 ‘Greater Lagos Extravaganza’ across five locations in the State.
• The reconstruction of the J.K Randle Centre for Yoruba Culture and History in Onikan, is on course